Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Bonnie MacKellar <BM...@mobius.com> on 2003/06/03 22:38:25 UTC

tools for coding mappings

I currently handcode my repository_user.xml file, and am having
enormous difficulties. I find it is incredibly easy to make typos
and many of these typos are incredibly difficult to find.
There has got to be a better way. What are you guys using
for this purpose? Are there any good tools out there for
writing xml files? And does anybody have a good method
for making sure that the repository_user names, Java field names,
and database field names all match up.

I have spent all day on these sorts of bugs, with several
fairly large tables. I am ripping my hair out!'

Bonnie MacKellar
software engineer
Mobius Management Systems, Inc.
bmackell@mobius.com

RE: tools for coding mappings

Posted by James Holmes <ja...@jamesholmes.com>.
OJB Console is initially aimed to just be a tool modifying the
repository.xml files, similar to the way Struts Console takes care of
the struts-config.xml files.  It's very possible that other
functionality could be added on once the "core" is in place.

-James