Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Michael Wentzel <Mi...@aswethink.com> on 2001/03/19 21:57:08 UTC

RE: table borders

> I think that what the question might have to do with is the recent
> disappearance of borders from tables in fop. I had to switch
> to the cvs
> version of fop because I had a really long table that was
> causing 0.16 to
> crash when the table spanned a page (at least as best I could
> figure that
> was it, since I could add bunches of empty rows, but when I added rows
> with content as soon as they made the table long enough to
> hit a new page
> fop would crash.)
>
> When I switched though the borders disappeared off of my
> table and they
> are also gone when I build the tests, so it is not just my code.

Should this be the case the reason for the "disappearance" is explained in a
post a couple of days ago.  The reason for this is the _requirement_ to
state a border style(if I remember correctly it was stated that the only
currently supported style is "solid", please correct me if I'm wrong).

This changed was made per the specs.

BTW, Martin, I don't mean to gripe and moan but is there a reason for the
cross-posting you did of your original question.  This question, for
example, really didn't belong on the tomcat-user list.  Just my two cents.

---
Michael Wentzel
Software Developer
Software As We Think - http://www.aswethink.com
mailto:wentzel@aswethink.com

- Punisher of those who cannot spell dumb!

Re: table borders

Posted by Martin Mauri <mm...@profesi.com.ar>.
> > I think that what the question might have to do with is the recent
> > disappearance of borders from tables in fop. I had to switch
> > to the cvs
> > version of fop because I had a really long table that was
> > causing 0.16 to
> > crash when the table spanned a page (at least as best I could
> > figure that
> > was it, since I could add bunches of empty rows, but when I added rows
> > with content as soon as they made the table long enough to
> > hit a new page
> > fop would crash.)
> >
> > When I switched though the borders disappeared off of my
> > table and they
> > are also gone when I build the tests, so it is not just my code.
>

> Should this be the case the reason for the "disappearance" is explained in
> post a couple of days ago.  The reason for this is the _requirement_ to
> state a border style(if I remember correctly it was stated that the only
> currently supported style is "solid", please correct me if I'm wrong).
>
> This changed was made per the specs.
>
> BTW, Martin, I don't mean to gripe and moan but is there a reason for the
> cross-posting you did of your original question.  This question, for
> example, really didn't belong on the tomcat-user list.  Just my two cents.

Of course that there's a reason. I've got a mailing-list on the left side of
my email client, and because of my hurry, when I wanted to post my question
to fop-dev, I did a mistake and posted to the tomcat one, is it so terrible?
or only two cents? =)