Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Vikram Koka <vi...@astronomer.io> on 2020/10/13 23:32:40 UTC

Airflow - Issue labelling and triage process

Hey Airflow devs,

Following up from the conversation a couple of weeks ago, let's get
together to sort through the issue triage process. I believe that the group
who had volunteered to help standardize the issue labelling and triage
process was:
- Elad Kalif @eladkal
- Asif Saif Uddin @auvipy
- Paola Peraza Calderon @paolaperaza
- Pete DeJoy @petedejoy
My apologies if I missed anyone.

There was an initial document that we had started working on, which is
located at
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jqmXO6mGZzHkhuvISedQVnhyc37V_iz00hokdMuoFaI/

I also believe that Kamil Bregula wanted to share some thoughts around
using Google Triage Party, as tooling on top of Github to manage both
issues and PRs. He had shared these earlier:
- Preview: https://imgur.com/a/JeQeP33
- Github project: https://github.com/mik-laj/airflow-triage-party
This definitely looks interesting as well.

I would also like to invite anyone else from the community who is
interested to join us for a quick call to discuss this further. Here are
the details:
*Date*: October 20th
*Time*: 8-9 AM Pacific / 3 PM GMT
*Zoom link*:
https://astronomer.zoom.us/j/96659511795?pwd=MVd2VjVKVEdtRG5vTGN3VXNXZEJPdz09
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://astronomer.zoom.us/j/96659511795?pwd%3DMVd2VjVKVEdtRG5vTGN3VXNXZEJPdz09&sa=D&source=calendar&ust=1603062773118000&usg=AOvVaw3NILdQFS5CXdYmOD1HuvpK>

Elad and Asif, I don't know your locations and please do let me know if the
time is inconvenient and needs to be changed.

Hope to speak with you all soon.

Best regards,

Vikram

Re: Airflow - Issue labelling and triage process

Posted by Jarek Potiuk <Ja...@polidea.com>.
I honestly think the "Triage Party" should be seriously considered by the
team working on this "mini-project".

I think for an Open Source project like ours, it is super important that -
like any other processes, they are not "managed" and "once-off", but that
we end up with tools and self-managed process.
I believe this project has two parts (which should be inter-dependent and
1) should lead to 2) ):

1) cleaning up the current issues
2) making sure the process we come up with work for the future without any
need for control or management

I think point 2) is even more important than 1) and I think such a
"project" is not successful if point 2) is not achieved.

The Triage Party tool is a great candidate to make sure that the 2nd point
is achieved.

J,

--

Jarek Potiuk

M: +48 660 796 129 <+48660796129>

Re: Airflow - Issue labelling and triage process

Posted by Kamil Breguła <ka...@polidea.com>.
Hello,