Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by JP MB <jo...@gmail.com> on 2020/05/14 12:12:38 UTC

What to use to copy data from one kafka to another ?

Hi guys,
My use case is simply copying data from one Kafka to another. When
searching on google, the immediate answer seems to be Mirror Maker, so we
jumped to the most recent version MM2.

The thing is I don't want active/active replication, the consumers from
cluster A will be different from the consumers from cluster B. MM2 creates
several topics in the source cluster(heartbeats, mm2-offsets, mm2-status,
mm2-configs), which is undesired for us because we don't want to pollute
the source.

Is there a way to disable this? If no, what should I use?

Regards,
José Brandão

Re: What to use to copy data from one kafka to another ?

Posted by JP MB <jo...@gmail.com>.
Yes, I saw that it would fit my use case but that brings another question.
Is MM1 deprecated or it will be discontinued ?

Regards

Posted by Liam Clarke-Hutchinson <li...@adscale.co.nz>.