Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by madppiper <pa...@mutschler.ch> on 2008/11/04 10:17:10 UTC

Re: Calling a jsp page from inside tag

has this problem ever been resolved?

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
Ok that is a little over my head.
Might suggest using widgets
you put multiple jsp files in a widget screen.

madppiper sent the following on 11/5/2008 12:39 AM:

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
That's a tough one.

If the content can only be exposed through a JSP then you have a
problem because JSPs can ONLY send output to an HttpResponse object,
unless you use a hack for the servlet container. In other words, you
can't get a String or even a character stream of some sort from a JSP,
so the Screen Widget can't do anything with it.

It's possible with the above mentioned hacks, but this limitation is
one of the big reasons why we don't use JSPs in OFBiz as a best
practice any more (they are still supported on their own for pages,
but not combined with screen widget, etc). Actually, you can include
OFBiz screens from a JSP, but you can't include a JSP in a screen
widget screen.

-David

Posted by madppiper <pa...@mutschler.ch>.

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Posted by madppiper <pa...@mutschler.ch>.
great thx :)

Posted by Vijay <st...@gmail.com>.
Dear Madppiper,

Yes the problem was solved and i could use JSP extensively in OFBiz.
An application was built around it.

However as other OFBiz members suggests, try to use FTL as it is a genric
templating language.
In our case we were left with no options but to use JSPs because of the kind
of container support for it.

Remember to mention the names of the JSP files as view files in your
controller file.

Hope that helps,

Cheers,
Vijay