Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by NB...@chrysler.com on 2008/02/20 16:17:58 UTC

Strange behavior while using Commons-discovery.jar

If I use "commons-discovery.jar" on my WAS 6.0 server classpath, it gives
me an error -"Could not find Web Service Engine"
but the specifications for axis say that it has to be there on the server
classpath.

And more interesting is when I run the Web Service Axis client, it gives
me a "NoClassDefFoundError for DiscoverSingleton class which is located in
commons-discovery.jar"

So if put that file on classpath - my web service server stops working and

if I don't put that on classpath - my web service client stops working.

Is it any Jar conflict issue ?

Please advise.

Thanks.

Regards,