Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Nils Kaiser <Ni...@gmx.de> on 2001/08/31 14:39:20 UTC

implementing own layout template classes?

hi,

i want to use XMLC as template system for layouts. has somebody already done
that? if not, how do I implement this feature?

thx,

nils

Re: implementing own layout template classes?

Posted by Kurt Schrader <ks...@engin.umich.edu>.
On Friday, August 31, 2001, at 08:39 AM, Nils Kaiser wrote:

> i want to use XMLC as template system for layouts. has somebody already
> done
> that? if not, how do I implement this feature?

This is not implemented and would be a nontrivial thing to do.
Why don't you just use Velocity?  It's much nicer.
http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity

-Kurt

Re: implementing own layout template classes?

Posted by Alex McLintock <al...@yahoo.com>.
 --- Nils Kaiser <Ni...@gmx.de> wrote: > hi,

> i want to use XMLC as template system for layouts. has somebody already done
> that? if not, how do I implement this feature?

Perhaps you've posted to the wrong mailing list? No?

In that case I assume that you are trying to replace a part of turbine with XMLC.
(maybe Velocity?) Ok - that is not so crazy as it first seems.

However several turbine developers have steered me away from XMLC. Do you *need* to use it?

Goodluck!

Alex

=====
Alex McLintock        alex@OWAL.co.uk    Open Source Consultancy in London