Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by nathan phillips <na...@hotmail.com> on 2002/02/15 20:41:43 UTC

Setting up Apache1.3 with Tomcat 4.1

Documentation in server.xml states that I need the MOD_WEBAPP connecter to
connect the two together and to read the README.txt file that comes with it.
  I've been looking around but I'm unable to find the WebApp Module
distribution.  Does anyone have the URL for this?  Does anyone know of any
other documentation on configuring both of these to work together other than
what's in server.xml?  I appreciate any help.  Thanks.

Re: Setting up Apache1.3 with Tomcat 4.1

Posted by Arnaldo Riquelme <aj...@dynacap.com>.

> Documentation in server.xml states that I need the MOD_WEBAPP connecter to
> connect the two together and to read the README.txt file that comes with
it.
>   I've been looking around but I'm unable to find the WebApp Module
> distribution.  Does anyone have the URL for this?  Does anyone know of any
> other documentation on configuring both of these to work together other
than
> what's in server.xml?  I appreciate any help.  Thanks.

Download the  webapp-connector from
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/release/v4.0.1/src/
Read the docs.
This is how I got it to work:

Once mod_webapp module is compiled copy mod_webapp.so to your Apache modules
directory.
ie:/etc/httpd/modules.
Copy tomcat-webapp.ajr to $CATALINA_HOME/server/lib

Add this lines to your http.conf

LoadModule webapp_module    modules/mod_webapp.so
WebAppConnection warpConnection warp localhost:8008 ## Change this to your
server name/port
WebAppDeploy   examples   warpConnection    /examples/

Restart Tomcat
Restart Apache

You're good to go.

Hope this help.