Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Terry Steichen <te...@net-frame.com> on 2004/09/17 02:26:16 UTC

Nutch vs Lucene

So Nutch uses (but doesn't enhance) Lucene?  Or, does it enhance Lucene in its ability to operate in a distributed fashion?

Regards,

Terry

PS: I'm aware of Doug's involvement in both - which is partly why I'm puzzled.

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Nutch is built on top and around Lucene.
It lets you run a query against a cluster of 'search servers', for
instance, using custom code that you can see in Nutch's CVS.