Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Anto Paul <an...@gmail.com> on 2004/09/28 12:54:36 UTC

[OT]Geronimo and Tomcat

Hi all,
  I was reading a tutoral on using Geronimo. It seems that Geronimo is
using Jetty. Why it don't use Tomcat. Or is Tomcat is available as
optional plug in ?.

rgds
Anto Paul

--
To strive,to seek,to find and not to yield

Re: [OT]Geronimo and Tomcat

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
[Link to all converstations on tomcat-dev with the word Geronimo] ...

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=tomcat-dev&w=2&r=1&s=Geronimo&q=b

-Tim

Re: [OT]Geronimo and Tomcat

Posted by Jukka Uusisalo <ju...@dnainternet.net>.

Anto Paul wrote:

>Hi all,
>  I was reading a tutoral on using Geronimo. It seems that Geronimo is
>using Jetty. Why it don't use Tomcat. Or is Tomcat is available as
>optional plug in ?.
>
>rgds
>Anto Paul

Hi,

As far as I know, Geronimo architecture based GBeans. GBeans are
Geronimo style absraction for different kind of
modules in Geronimo. I think Jetty has been more easier to integrate as
GBean than Tomcat. However there are some
issues  going on to use Tomcat as Geronimo web container.

- Jukka -