Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Tom Pfotzer <th...@techrocket.com> on 2002/02/19 22:03:09 UTC

Orion/Jetspeed CNFExcep: org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser

Hello, All:

I have just installed the lastest production binary of Jetspeed (1.3a2)
onto an Orion J2EE container, and (most) everything seems to work OK,
except I get this message down the right-hand panel:

problem in SAX transform:
     java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
    org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser

To guard against the possibility of Xerces.jar conflicting references, I
have insured that there are no other versions of Xerces.jar anywhere on the
system, as I understand that the Xerces routines are packaged with the
Jetspeed.war file.

Additionally, when I shut down the VM, the act of shutting down causes an
unhandled exception per the attached stack trace (this is not present until
the actual shutdown, which in this case is actuated by a ctrl-c issued from
the DOS Box the VM's running in).

2/19/02 3:14 PM Started
2/19/02 3:14 PM Started
2/19/02 3:15 PM jetspeed: 1.0.2.2.1 Started
2/19/02 3:26 PM jetspeed: Error in servlet 'jetspeed' destroy()
java.lang.NullPointerException
 at
org.apache.jetspeed.services.urlmanager.JetspeedURLManagerService.save(JetspeedURLManagerService.java:399)

 at
org.apache.jetspeed.services.urlmanager.JetspeedURLManagerService.shutdown(JetspeedURLManagerService.java:174)

 at
org.apache.turbine.services.BaseInitableBroker.shutdownClass(BaseInitableBroker.java:177)

 at
org.apache.turbine.services.BaseServiceBroker.shutdownService(BaseServiceBroker.java:244)

 at
org.apache.turbine.services.BaseServiceBroker.shutdownServices(BaseServiceBroker.java:280)

 at org.apache.turbine.Turbine.destroy(Turbine.java:348)
 at
com.evermind.server.http.ServletInstanceInfo.destroy(ServletInstanceInfo.java:96)

 at
com.evermind.server.http.HttpApplication.destroyServlets(HttpApplication.java:4905)

 at
com.evermind.server.http.HttpApplication.destroy(HttpApplication.java:4853)

 at com.evermind.server.http.HttpSite.destroy(HttpSite.java:729)
 at com.evermind.server.http.HttpServer.destroy(HttpServer.java:506)
 at
com.evermind.server.ApplicationServer.destroy(ApplicationServer.java:1330)
 at
com.evermind.server.ApplicationServerShutdownHandler.run(ApplicationServerShutdownHandler.java:35)

 at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
2/19/02 3:26 PM jetspeed: 1.0.2.2.1 Stopped
2/19/02 3:26 PM Stopped (JVM termination)

If any of you have suggestions about what problems underlie these two
symptoms, I'd appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks,

Tom Pfotzer