Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Wolf Halton <wo...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/02 20:41:51 UTC

Would there be any interest in starting a AOO Group on Launchpad

I was about to commit the AOO code to a PPA for myself, but as Drew
mentioned, it might be a lot more fun if we started a little team to set up
a repo for Ubuntu for the new RC.  Would you like to play?  I am good at
thrashing things out (even reading the fine manual at times) but I have
never set up a PPA before.  I have come as far as making a "test PPA" but I
haven't added any files.
Apparently Launchpad makes its own debs, so that is not necessary.

-Wolf

PS earlier messages below...

Re: Would there be any interest in starting a AOO Group on Launchpad

Posted by Louis Suárez-Potts <ls...@gmail.com>.
Likewise, am interested: oulipo.

ciao
louis

Posted by Wolf Halton <wo...@gmail.com>.
You are in.

Posted by Andrew Rist <an...@oracle.com>.

Posted by Wolf Halton <wo...@gmail.com>.
Great!

http://evergreen-community-01.lyrasistechnology.org
http://sourcefreedom.com
Apache developer:
wolfhalton@apache.org

Posted by Albino Biasutti Neto <bi...@gmail.com>.
Hi.

Posted by Claudio Filho <fi...@gmail.com>.
Hi

2012/5/5 Wolf Halton <wo...@gmail.com>:
> This is definitely part of the fun. :-)

hehehe... Indeed! :-)

> PS join the team and we can make this voyage of discovery together.

I think that already have a good group for this. I will start set up a
debian mirror for AOO in my userspace. In other hand, i am returning
my studies of AOO build and debian packaging specifically.

But i know that we will stay tunned.

Best,
Claudio

Re: Would there be any interest in starting a AOO Group on Launchpad

Posted by Wolf Halton <wo...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 9:37 PM, Claudio Filho <fi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> 2012/5/2 Wolf Halton <wo...@gmail.com>:
> > Apparently Launchpad makes its own debs, so that is not necessary.
>
> Humm... i started to study the debian package system, and isn't easy
> to do this. Automated system for packaging can do it, since you start
> some procedures for this.
>
> Anyway, IMHO, we need more work in the code to do regular packages
> under debian/ubuntu.
>
> Best,
> Claudio

This is definitely part of the fun. :-)

Wolf
Open-Source Software in Libraries - http://FOSS4Lib.org
Apache Open Office Developer wolfhalton@apache.org

Re: Would there be any interest in starting a AOO Group on Launchpad

Posted by Claudio Filho <fi...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by Andre Fischer <af...@a-w-f.de>.
I took the liberty to add myself.  I am interested in making AOO
available on Ubuntu but have no experience with PPA (yet).

-Andre