Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Tom Karlsson <xe...@miba.auc.dk> on 2001/01/04 14:08:50 UTC

mod_perl confusion.

Hello All,

I've recently looked through the mod_perl mail archives in order to find
someone who has/had the same problem as me.

It seems that a lot of people have had problems with <virtualhost IP> and
<location> in situations where both virtualhost sections has a similar
URI and scriptname.

This problem causes random execution of either of the scripts no matter
what virtualhost you're accessing. Like

exampleA.com/cgi-bin/script
exampleB.com/cgi-bin/script

(content of script is different for each host)

Accessing exampleB.com/cgi-bin/script might provide you with the output of
script you'd get accessing exampleA.com/cgi-bin/script.

According to documentation this was a bug in mod_perl versions < 1.15_01,
however I still experience the very same problems with version 1.24. It
seems others has experienced it aswell.

Anyway, I haven't been able to find any actual solutions to this.

Could someone please clarify whether mod_perl works in a virtualhost
environment under the conditions describe above (with same URI and
scriptname)?. if yes, would this person be kind enough to provide an
example configuration?.

Thanks.

Friendly Regards
/TK

Re: mod_perl confusion.

Posted by Vivek Khera <kh...@kciLink.com>.

TK> I've recently looked through the mod_perl mail archives in order to find
TK> someone who has/had the same problem as me.

You should have found discussion about the variable
$Apache::Registry::NameWithVirtualHost in the archives.  Curiously, it
seems not to be documented in the perldoc for Apache::Registry.

It defaults to 1 in Registry version 2.01 so unless you're using a
*really* old mod_perl it should work as expected with virtual hosts.

Internet: khera@kciLink.com       Rockville, MD       +1-240-453-8497
AIM: vivekkhera Y!: vivek_khera   http://www.khera.org/~vivek/