Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Dawid Pura <pu...@gmail.com> on 2021/09/08 20:16:27 UTC

Removing IRC channel mentions from official website documentation

Hello all,

I have noticed it's misleading for new contributors to find out the proper
communication channel for this project. The documentation says there is an
IRC channel which topic says "we moved to Slack". Then, it takes some time
to figure out a newcomer cannot get in, since she has to be invited by
actual commiters.

I think I can remove any mention of IRC channel from maven-site, as this
has been deprecated comms channel, right? I am asking the more subtle
question, should the Slack channel be mentioned instead, or there is no
reason to mention it in public docs as it's not reachable by the public.

this is my very first e-mail on this mailing list and mailing lists in
Apache in general, so please share any feedback that comes to your mind :).

All the best,
Dawid Pura

Re: Removing IRC channel mentions from official website documentation

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.
yes, please, that would be of great help

Posted by Dawid Pura <pu...@gmail.com>.