Posted to dev@tamaya.apache.org by Anatole Tresch <at...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/08 14:37:17 UTC

Re: JavaMoney Intro & Links

Hi Alexis

great: here my short answers:

To 1) the interfaces could be used in Java 7 (just remove the
@FunctionalInterface) annotation. But the spec is wrong here: we gave up
compatibility during last year, so the API is not Java 7 compatible
anymore. We plan to provide a Java7 compatible API backport, that will be
forward compatible with the Java 8 release of the API. Beside the point
mentioned by you, there are also some references to java.time in
AbstractContext for example.
To 2) Similar to 1. the spec is wrong here as well: of course we have
javax.money, javax.money.conversion, javax.money.format and
javax.money.spi, which are 4 packages ;)

BTW: if you find more such things let me know. I am currently overhauling
the whole spec (e.g. in the SPI area things are quite outdated). I will try
to push my current changes this evening/night (MET), so you should have a
rather current version of the spec downloadable from github later...

Cheers
Anatole

Re: JavaMoney Intro & Links

Posted by Alexis Lopez <aa...@gmail.com>.
Anatole, thanks for your prompt response.

Sure, I'll let you know if I find anything else.

Alexis López
http://www.java-n-me.com
http://www.clojug.org/