Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Boyle Owen <Ow...@swx.com> on 2006/11/01 08:18:16 UTC

RE: [users@httpd] Directory index forbidden by Options directive

Ah-haaaa....

> Since I like the welcome page I came with this workaround:
>
> <VirtualHost 10.1.1.103:80>
>    ServerName yumrepo.s0
>    DocumentRoot "/var/www/html/yum"
>    <Location />
>       Options Indexes
>    </Location>
>    <Directory "/var/www/html/yum">
>       AllowOverride None
>       Options Indexes
>       Order Allow,Deny
>       Allow from all
>    </Directory>
> </VirtualHost>
>
> I think it is kind of ugly. If you can see something more
> elegant just say it.

It's a bit redundant - anything that can go in a <Directory> can also go
in a <Location>, so you could simplify things, eg:

<VirtualHost 10.1.1.103:80>
   ServerName yumrepo.s0
   DocumentRoot "/var/www/html/yum"
   <Location />
      AllowOverride None
      Options Indexes
      Order Allow,Deny
      Allow from all>
  </Location>
</VirtualHost>

Having said that, I'm not entirely sure why <Location /> overrides the
welcome.conf snippet while <Directory "/var/www/html/yum"> in the same
place doesn't... Maybe to do with the order apache parses Location and
Directory containers...

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> Regards, Clodoaldo Pinto Neto

This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender urgently and then immediately delete the message and any copies of it from your system. Please also immediately destroy any hardcopies of the message. You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient. The sender's company reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications through their networks. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorised to state them to be the views of the sender's company.