Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Andreas Held <hl...@bbp.ch> on 2006/09/04 10:35:49 UTC

WAR deployment on JBoss

Hi

I am now trying to deploy the ServiceMix War to JBoss. The first few
steps do work well, I can deploy the WAR and the JMX console shows the
proper result.

In a second step I am trying to install the lwcontainer component. First
I install the shared library
servicemix-shared-3.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT.zip through the JMX console,
which does indeed work. The next step, installing the archive
servicemix-lwcontainer-3.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT-installer.zip fails
miserably with the following exception:

2006-09-04 09:39:37,085 ERROR
[org.apache.servicemix.jbi.framework.InstallationService] Deployment of
Component failed

java.lang.ClassCastException:
org.apache.servicemix.lwcontainer.LwContainerBootstrap

	at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.framework.InstallerMBeanImpl.createBootstrap(InstallerMBeanImpl.java:118)

	at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.framework.InstallerMBeanImpl.<init>(InstallerMBeanImpl.java:65)

	at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.framework.InstallationService.initializeInstaller(InstallationService.java:438)

	at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.framework.InstallationService.doInstallComponent(InstallationService.java:420)

	at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.framework.InstallationService.doInstallArchive(InstallationService.java:371)

	at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.framework.InstallationService.install(InstallationService.java:296)

	at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.framework.AutoDeploymentService.updateArchive(AutoDeploymentService.java:246)

	at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.framework.AutoDeploymentService.updateExternalArchive(AutoDeploymentService.java:184)

	at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.container.JBIContainer.updateExternalArchive(JBIContainer.java:441)

	at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.container.JBIContainer.updateExternalArchive(JBIContainer.java:451)

	at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.framework.AdminCommandsService.installArchive(AdminCommandsService.java:274)

	at

	at

Obviously I am doing something wrong, but what could it be?

Regards

Andreas

Re: WAR deployment on JBoss

Posted by AndreasH <hl...@bbp.ch>.
I finally figured out the problem, it appears to be a classloader issue.
The problem seems to be that servicemix-jbi and servicemix-lwcontainer (or
whatever component)
are being loaded by different classloaders! My workaround was to remove
servicemix-jbi from the WAR
package. Alternatively, servicemix-lwcontainer can be added to the WAR
package. Whatever way, it is
important that the component to deploy and servicemix-jbi are loaded by the
same classloader.
It is not quite clear to me why this is so. Might there be a problem with
the used classloader that does not
properly delegate to its parents?

In any case, I can now deploy the WAR to JBoss and add other deployments
using the JMX console.

Regards

Andreas

AndreasH wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am now trying to deploy the ServiceMix War to JBoss. The first few
> steps do work well, I can deploy the WAR and the JMX console shows the
> proper result.
>
> In a second step I am trying to install the lwcontainer component. First
> I install the shared library
> servicemix-shared-3.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT.zip through the JMX console,
> which does indeed work. The next step, installing the archive
> servicemix-lwcontainer-3.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT-installer.zip fails
> miserably with the following exception:
>
> 2006-09-04 09:39:37,085 ERROR
> [org.apache.servicemix.jbi.framework.InstallationService] Deployment of
> Component failed
>
> java.lang.ClassCastException:
> org.apache.servicemix.lwcontainer.LwContainerBootstrap
>
> 	at
> org.apache.servicemix.jbi.framework.InstallerMBeanImpl.createBootstrap(InstallerMBeanImpl.java:118)
>
> 	at
> org.apache.servicemix.jbi.framework.InstallerMBeanImpl.<init>(InstallerMBeanImpl.java:65)
>
> 	at
> org.apache.servicemix.jbi.framework.InstallationService.initializeInstaller(InstallationService.java:438)
>
> 	at
> org.apache.servicemix.jbi.framework.InstallationService.doInstallComponent(InstallationService.java:420)
>
> 	at
> org.apache.servicemix.jbi.framework.InstallationService.doInstallArchive(InstallationService.java:371)
>
> 	at
> org.apache.servicemix.jbi.framework.InstallationService.install(InstallationService.java:296)
>
> 	at
> org.apache.servicemix.jbi.framework.AutoDeploymentService.updateArchive(AutoDeploymentService.java:246)
>
> 	at
> org.apache.servicemix.jbi.framework.AutoDeploymentService.updateExternalArchive(AutoDeploymentService.java:184)
>
> 	at
> org.apache.servicemix.jbi.container.JBIContainer.updateExternalArchive(JBIContainer.java:441)
>
> 	at
> org.apache.servicemix.jbi.container.JBIContainer.updateExternalArchive(JBIContainer.java:451)
>
> 	at
> org.apache.servicemix.jbi.framework.AdminCommandsService.installArchive(AdminCommandsService.java:274)

> 	at
>
> 	at

> Obviously I am doing something wrong, but what could it be?
>
> Regards
>
> Andreas

Sent from the ServiceMix - User forum at Nabble.com.