Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by ashishg <as...@gmail.com> on 2021/04/22 12:51:47 UTC

[2.9.1] Custom failure handler is not being invoked

Hi,

I have set the custom failure handler using the IgniteConfiguration:

IgniteConfiguration cfg = new IgniteConfiguration();
GeDistributedCacheFailureHandler failureHandler = new
GeDistributedCacheFailureHandler();
failureHandler.setIgnoredFailureTypes(Collections.EMPTY_SET);
cfg.setFailureHandler(failureHandler);

But still this is being ignored and *StopNodeFailureHandler* is being
invoked. The failureContext indicates that its due to Segmentation error.
Could you let me know how can I invoke custom failure handler in this
scenario?

Application logs of the error:

Thanks,
Ashish

Re: [2.9.1] Custom failure handler is not being invoked

Posted by ashishg <as...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Alex. I am thinking of setting SegmentationPolicy as *NOOP* and
also listening to event EventType.EVT_NODE_SEGMENTED

For this event I have added a listener to localListen. The listener will
manage the similar work which is done by custom failure handler. Hope this
is an acceptable solution for an in-memory distributed cache.

Next, I want to avoid segmentation error due to network issues. I am running
the ignite and the services in AWS EC2 instance. Will adding security group
that allows 47100-47200 and 47500-47600 solve this issue?

Posted by Alex Plehanov <pl...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

There is no way to configure a custom failure handler for segmentation
error, you can only choose from 3 available variants bounded to
segmentation policy (Use IgniteConfiguration.setSegmentationPolicy to
change policy)