Posted to pluto-user@portals.apache.org by Elliot Metsger <em...@jhu.edu> on 2007/06/28 10:05:30 UTC

pluto portal css/js issues

All,

I'm going to attempt to quickly fix the open Jira's on the Pluto portal
view.  I think these are both browser compat bugs.

PLUTO-186 	 ToolTips to Portlet Controls
PLUTO-341 	 Page Admin Portlet does not work with Internet Explorer ver 6

At the same time, what do you think about replacing the Javascript
navigation drop-down with something more palatable like CSS based tabs,
or a select box?  I've already got a patch for this in my working copy.

These are simple fixes which I think will make the portal a little
easier to work with as developers are testing and deploying their portlets.

Elliot

Re: pluto portal css/js issues

Posted by "Nathaniel A. Johnson" <na...@indiana.edu>.
Elliot Metsger wrote:
> All,
>
> I'm going to attempt to quickly fix the open Jira's on the Pluto portal
> view.  I think these are both browser compat bugs.
>
> PLUTO-186      ToolTips to Portlet Controls
> PLUTO-341      Page Admin Portlet does not work with Internet Explorer
> ver 6
>
> At the same time, what do you think about replacing the Javascript
> navigation drop-down with something more palatable like CSS based tabs,
> or a select box?  I've already got a patch for this in my working copy.
>
> These are simple fixes which I think will make the portal a little
> easier to work with as developers are testing and deploying their portlets.

Sounds like good changes to me.

Nate
--
Nathaniel A. Johnson                           Voice: 812.855.9905
Principal Systems Analyst                        Fax: 812.856.9046

Re: pluto portal css/js issues

Posted by "David H. DeWolf" <dd...@apache.org>.

Elliot Metsger wrote:
> All,
>
> I'm going to attempt to quickly fix the open Jira's on the Pluto portal
> view.  I think these are both browser compat bugs.
>
> PLUTO-186      ToolTips to Portlet Controls
> PLUTO-341      Page Admin Portlet does not work with Internet Explorer
> ver 6
>
> At the same time, what do you think about replacing the Javascript
> navigation drop-down with something more palatable like CSS based tabs,
> or a select box?  I've already got a patch for this in my working copy.

+1

> These are simple fixes which I think will make the portal a little
> easier to work with as developers are testing and deploying their portlets.
>
> Elliot

Re: pluto portal css/js issues

Posted by CD...@hannaford.com.
Hi Elliot,

Your changes/fixes sound good to me. Thanks for all your hard work.
/Craig

Elliot Metsger <em...@jhu.edu>
06/28/2007 04:05 AM
Please respond to