Posted to users@opennlp.apache.org by SungJun Ma <fi...@hotmail.com> on 2016/06/22 18:59:00 UTC

how can I start to contribute to this project?

Hi All,
I'm new to here, is there any reference wiki on how to start as a newbie for this project?
thanks
-Shengjun

Re: how can I start to contribute to this project?

Posted by Jeffrey Zemerick <jz...@apache.org>.
Hi Shengjun,

Take a look at the "Get Involved" page at
https://opennlp.apache.org/get-involved.html.

I recommend checking out the code from source control (
https://opennlp.apache.org/source-code.html) and building it. This will
help you learn about the project structure and the Maven build tool in case
you are not familiar with it.

Once you have it built and loaded into your favorite IDE try it out, play
with it, and just learn about the code and what it does. Try some of the
examples in the documentation to train and evaluate new models. You can
browse JIRA (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENNLP) to see what
issues are known or to create new issues.

As a new user you may run across places where the documentation could be
improved and those would make great contributions.

Jeff