Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Pierre Henry <ph...@proconcept.ch> on 2002/12/10 13:54:17 UTC

new release - cannot install

Hi all !
First I'd like to say good job for the new tutorial. Seems to be pretty
complete and well structured, nice job, thanks !

Now I downloaded the new 1.4b2 release because I wanted to enjoy the
benefits from this tutorial, and for the new features. So I downloaded the
source release, built the war file ('build war' in the jetspeed_home/build
dir) and then copied the jetspeed.war file to my tomcat/webapps dir. Started
Tomcat, but when going to localhost:8888/jetspeed/ i got this :

javax.servlet.ServletException: Servlet.init() for servlet jsp threw
exception
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:94
6)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.allocate(StandardWrapper.java:655)
	at
va:214)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
66)
	at
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke
etc...

root cause

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/w3c/dom/DOMErrorHandler
	at
org.apache.xerces.dom.CoreDocumentImpl.(CoreDocumentImpl.java:173)
	at org.apache.xerces.dom.DocumentImpl.(DocumentImpl.java:173)
	at
org.apache.xerces.dom.DeferredDocumentImpl.(DeferredDocumentImpl.java:194)
	at
org.apache.xerces.dom.DeferredDocumentImpl.(DeferredDocumentImpl.java:189)
	at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractDOMParser.startDocument(AbstractDOMParser.
java:712)
	at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNamespaceBinder.startDocument(XMLNamespaceBinder.j
ava:444)
	at
org.apache.xerces.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.startDocument(XMLDTDValidator.jav
a:644)
	at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.startEntity(XMLDocumentScanner
Impl.java:431)
	at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager.startEntity(XMLEntityManager.java:87
8)
	at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager.startDocumentEntity(XMLEntityManager
.java:741)
	at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.setInputSource(XMLDocumentScan
nerImpl.java:260)
	at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(DTDConfiguration.java:498)
	at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(DTDConfiguration.java:580)
	at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:152)
	at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DOMParser.parse(DOMParser.java:253)
	at
org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(DocumentBuilderImpl.java:20
1)
	at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder.parse(DocumentBuilder.java:122)
	at
org.apache.jasper.parser.ParserUtils.parseXMLDocument(ParserUtils.java:201)
	at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.TldLocationsCache.processWebDotXml(TldLocationsCa
che.java:165)
	at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.TldLocationsCache.(TldLocationsCache.java:138)
	at
org.apache.jasper.EmbededServletOptions.(EmbededServletOptions.java:350)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.init(JspServlet.java:265)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:91
8)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.allocate(StandardWrapper.java:655)
	at
va:214)
	etc....

I tried to do exactly the same with the war release and it just worked fine.
Now I installed my generated war again, and wanted to test with the war
release again, and the war releases gives me the same exception... But it
worked once! I don't know what I changed, I think nothing...

I thought It could be related to an older version of Jetspeed having ran on
the server so I tried with a fresh clean install of Tomcat, but it's the
same.

At least if I put back my 'old' 1.4b1 war, it works again.

Does anybody have the same promblem or is the problem with me ? Ha ve I done
somethig wrong or omitted sth ?

I use Tomcat 4.0.4.

Thanks for your help !

Re: new release - cannot install

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@mindspring.com>.
Try using Tomcat 4.1.12.  Their were some changes relative the XML
parser the may be causing Tomcat 4.0.4 a problem.  I am using 4.1.12.

Paul Spencer

Paul Spencer