Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/16 02:57:14 UTC

[VOTE] Release Camel 2.8.3

This is a vote to release Camel 2.8.3.  2.8.3 contains fixes about 60
JIRA issues that would be good to get into the hands of Camel users.

Please find the staging repo here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-184

The tarballs are here
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-184/org/apache/camel/apache-
camel/2.8.3/

Release notes:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311211&version=12318649

Tag:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/camel/tags/camel-2.8.3/

NOTE:

There is a known issue that camel-itest-osgi tests are failed due to the
change of CAMEL-4671, and it could be fixed by updating the
jre.properties in the camel-itest-osgi module.

The Karaf user need to install the jaxb,activation,stax API bundle, if
these api packages are not exported from the JRE before installing
apache-camel feature.

Please review, test and vote to approve this release binary. Your vote
counts!

[ ] +1 Release the binary as Apache Camel 2.8.2
[ ] -1 Don't release (provide specific comments)

Willem

Re: [VOTE] Release Camel 2.8.3

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
-1

Sorry Willem, but it seems that the features.xml is not fully correct:
some versions haven't been filtered.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: [CANCEL] [VOTE] Release Camel 2.8.3

Posted by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com>.
Sorry guys, it looks like the next beers are on me...

Best,
Christian

On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 12:28 PM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>wrote:

> Oopss, sorry guys, I just replied after my tests: I didn't see your
> comments and cancel.
>
> Sorry for that.
>
> Regards
> JB
>

> On 11/16/2011 08:05 AM, Willem Jiang wrote:
>
>> As the features issue is a critical issue. I cancel this vote.
>>
>> I'm planing to cut a new version of Camel 2.8.3 tomorrow, please just
>> commit the well tested bug fix to the camel 2.8.x branch today and
>> tomorrow.
>>

>> Willem
>>
>> On 11/16/11 2:58 PM, Freeman Fang wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Willem,
>>>
>>> Thanks very much.
>>> but I'm really sorry to say I have to -1, in the camel-features.xml[1],
>>> there're some version like ${scriptengines-version} and
>>> ${rhino-bundle-version} not get filtered. Those actually were introduced
>>> by me, I commit on trunk and merge back to 2.8.x branch, but I didn't
>>> realize that trunk use scriptengines.version but 2.8.x use
>>> scriptengines-version, one use "." separator but another use "-".
>>> Anyway, this is no doubt my bad, I should have double check before I
>>> merge.
>>>
>>> This problem can cause Servicemix fail when build distribution kit as it
>>> will use add-features-to-repo karaf-feature plugin and the invalid
>>> bundle here break the build
>>> I just commit a quick fix for it.
>>>
>>> Btw, I've hacked camel-features.xml and build Servicemix 4.4 kit against
>>> Camel 2.8.3 and all camel related examples are pass.
>>>
>>> Sorry again.
>>>
>>> [1]https://repository.apache.**org/content/repositories/**
>>> orgapachecamel-184/org/apache/**camel/karaf/apache-camel/2.8.**

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Release Camel 2.8.3