Posted to dev@sqoop.apache.org by abhijeet gaikwad <ab...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/16 20:52:22 UTC

[VOTE] Sqoop Release 1.4.2 : Attemp 2

Hi Devs,
As sent earlier today, this is the new vote we are carrying out for the release.

*** Please cast your vote by [3 working days after sending] ***

Details:

1. The list of fixed issues:
    http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/sqoop/branches/branch-1.4.2/CHANGELOG.txt
2. The tarball (*.tar.gz), signature (*.asc), checksum (*.md5), and
test result (log/*.ant_test.log):
    http://people.apache.org/~jarcec/sqoop-1.4.2-rc1/
3. The tag to be voted upon:
    http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/sqoop/tags/release-1.4.2-rc1
4. The KEYS file:
    http://www.apache.org/dist/sqoop/KEYS

Let me know if you are not able to access any of the links or have any
suggestions.

Thanks,
Abhijeet

Re: [VOTE] Sqoop Release 1.4.2 : Attemp 2

Posted by Seetharam Venkatesh <ve...@innerzeal.com>.
+1.

Built and ran all tests.
Tested basic import and export with MySQL.

Thanks!

Posted by Kathleen Ting <ka...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Alexander Lorenz <wg...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Alexander Alten-Lorenz
http://mapredit.blogspot.com

Re: [VOTE] Sqoop Release 1.4.2 : Attemp 2

Posted by Cheolsoo Park <ch...@cloudera.com>.
+1

Posted by Arvind Prabhakar <ar...@apache.org>.
Thanks for the hardwork Abhijeet! Here is my vote:

+1

* Verified all signatures and checksums
* Verified the tag (see a nit below)
* Built and ran all tests.
* Did basic manual testing with default build binaries.

nit: the LICENSE.txt file in the src distribution has an addendum that
outlines the license details for a couple of libraires. If we end up doing
a respin for any reason, I suggest that these changes be checked into the
release branch so that it is identical with the source distribution.

Regards,
Arvind Prabhakar

Posted by Bilung Lee <bl...@apache.org>.
Ok.  +1.

Posted by Jarek Jarcec Cecho <ja...@apache.org>.
Hi Bilung,

Posted by Bilung Lee <bl...@apache.org>.
Thanks for volunteering!

Posted by "Zimdars, Paul A (3880-Affiliate)" <Pa...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
+1

* Check LICENSE,  CHANGELOG and other top level files
* Run the bits on two testing environments - one based on 0.20 and second on 2.0.0

Jarcec

Posted by abhijeet gaikwad <ab...@gmail.com>.
Here is the list of voters:

Arvind Prabhakar -	PMC
Olivier Lamy -	PMC
Bilung Lee -	PMC
Jaroslav Cecho -	PMC
Kathleen Ting -	Committer
Cheolsoo Park -	Contributor
Alexander Lorenz -	Contributor
Seetharam Venkatesh -	Contributor

Result:
All votes being +1's (PMC - +4, Committers - +1, Contributors - +3),
the release is approved.
(http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#approving-a-release)

After closing the vote, received one more +1 by Zimdars, Paul A
(Contributor). Since this came after closing the vote, will not count
this. Thanks for the vote Paul - the release has anyways passed.

I thank you all again for your votes.

Pretty soon we will announce the release to the community after
uploading the artifacts.

Thanks,
Abhijeet

Posted by abhijeet gaikwad <ab...@gmail.com>.