Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Hammonds Nicholas <ni...@siemens.at> on 2002/02/07 12:10:10 UTC

Recognising updated servlet class files

Hello there,

I am running Tomcat 4.0.  I have a problem at the moment in that when I
update a servlet class file the only way I can get the browser to display
the updated version is to shutdown and restart tomcat.  I am using Internet
Explorer 5.50.  I have tried holding down the ctrl and also the shift key
whilst clicking on  the refresh button in the browser as I understand that
should force IE to look for an updated version.  Have any of you experienced
similar problems and if so how did you resolve them.

Cheers

Nic