Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Suraj Khurana <su...@hotwax.co> on 2020/05/30 16:25:00 UTC

IMPROVEMENT: Checkstyle formatting issues

Hello Devs,

Hope you are doing good !!

Currently, there are many checkstyle issues in code base which are due to
formatting best practices, like indentation, using spaces before/after
symbols etc.

We can solve many thousands of such issues by correcting all such
occurrences. Please share your thoughts on this.

A known thing is that we will lose the last history of such codebase while
doing this re-factoring.

Any other ideas to solve the problem are most welcome.
--
Best Regards,
Suraj Khurana

Re: IMPROVEMENT: Checkstyle formatting issues

Posted by Suraj Khurana <su...@hotwax.co>.
Thanks everyone for your inputs.

Here [1] is the ticket created for the same.

[1] : https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-11805

--
Best Regards,
Suraj Khurana
Senior Technical Consultant

Posted by Mridul Pathak <mr...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
+1

Thanks.

Posted by Aditya Sharma <ad...@apache.org>.
+1

Thanks and regards,
Aditya Sharma

Posted by Suraj Khurana <su...@hotwax.co>.
Hello Michael,

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Michael,

Information from Git history and blame mostly, I'd say

Jacques

Posted by Michael Brohl <mi...@ecomify.de>.
Hi Suraj,

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Suraj,

I tend to agree, most of the time the history can be rebuild with blame using lines around, or even looking into commits.

Jacques