Posted to dev@logging.apache.org by Volkan Yazıcı <vo...@yazi.ci> on 2022/01/07 10:21:17 UTC

[RESULT][VOTE] CVE creation process

Hello,

This is the result of the vote introducing the process that enforces
CVE submissions[1] and their content to be first subject to voting by
means of "lazy approval"[2] using the (private)

6x +1 (accepting the process), all binding
2x +0 (abstaining)

Details:

+1 (accepting the process):
Ralph Goers (binding)
Gary Gregory (binding)
Christian Grobmeier (binding)
Carter Kozak (binding)
Matt Sicker (binding)
Volkan Yazıcı (binding)

+0:
Xeno Amess (non binding)
Dominik Psenner (binding)

The PMC decided unanimously to introduce the aforementioned CVE
creation process.

Kind regards,
Volkan

[1] Note that this process only involves the creation of CVEs and
doesn't interfere with any form of fixes or releases.
[2] An action with lazy approval is implicitly allowed unless a -1
vote is received, at which time, depending on the type of action,
either lazy majority or lazy consensus approval must be obtained. For
details see https://logging.apache.org/guidelines.html

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] CVE creation process

Posted by Volkan Yazıcı <vo...@yazi.ci>.
Here it is: https://github.com/apache/logging-log4j2/pull/690

Mind somebody reviewing and merging it, please?

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,