Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Radu Radutiu <rr...@gmail.com> on 2004/07/02 16:48:52 UTC

Apache2 SSL with client authentication jk2 tomcat 5 - no user certificate in request

Hi,

I'm running Tomcat 5 + jdk 1.4.2_02 + Apache 2.0.49 (Fedora 1) with
mod_jk2. I can access the  web app through SSL (with client
authentication enabled in Apache) but the following attributes are not
set in the request: "javax.servlet.request.cipher_suite",
"javax.net.ssl.peer_certificates" and
"javax.servlet.request.X509Certificate"
If I access the Tomcat server directly on a port configured with SSL
with client authentication, "javax.servlet.request.cipher_suite"  and
"javax.servlet.request.X509Certificate" are set correctly.

I've tried different versions of tomcat (5.0.25 and 4.1.27), mod_jk2
from the binary distribution and  self compiled and get the same
result. Running a traffic sniffer it seems that the certificate
information is never sent to the tomcat server.

The jk2 configuration (in httpd.conf) is the following:

LoadModule jk2_module modules/mod_jk2.so
JkSet config.file /etc/httpd/conf/workers2.properties
# default value
JkSet2 workerEnv sslEnable 1
JkSet2 workerEnv forwardKeySize  1

The workers2.properties is the default file from the binary
distribution with the updated uri for the web application.

Is it possible to get the user certificate in Tomcat when using Apache
+ mod_jk2 as a front end?

Regards,

Radu