Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Michael Schick <ms...@yahoo.de> on 2006/09/20 13:47:05 UTC

DefaultServlet (ContentRange, file download)

We are using in our project Tomcat 5.0.x and have implemented a
 file download servlet, which allows users to download certain binary
 files. For security reasons, we did not want to enable directory listings
 and let Tomcat handle the file download.

 We have now the problem that we would like to allow downloads to resume
 and be smart as the DefaultServlet in Tomcat5.5.x which handles reumeable
file downloads.

 I would like to know or receive a recommendation on the best way of using
 the DefaultServlet implementation without enabling directory listings or
 copying code from the DefaultServlet into our application.

 best regards,

 Michael