Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Chian Zhong..." <cz...@modeln.com> on 2011/05/11 21:58:11 UTC

Does random Timer take variables?

Hi:

Has anyone used random min/max time for the Uniform Random Timer?
It seems my timer generates the delays if I use real value in miliseconds,
but if I read these values from a csv file,
it doesn't wait long enough. I have min 10 seconds/10000, max 30
seconds/30000 script need to wait.

Thanks
Chian

Re: Does random Timer take variables?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 11 May 2011 20:58, Chian Zhong... <cz...@modeln.com> wrote:
> Hi:
>
> Has anyone used random min/max time for the Uniform Random Timer?
> It seems my timer generates the delays if I use real value in miliseconds,
> but if I read these values from a csv file,
> it doesn't wait long enough. I have min 10 seconds/10000, max 30
> seconds/30000 script need to wait.

Try using a static variable for the time - e.g. define it on the Test Plan.

If that works, and the variable from the csv file does not, then
either the variable is being set incorrectly, or perhaps it is not
being set before it is needed by the timer.

The same approch can be taken to debug other problems with variables.