Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by ba...@mediageneral.com on 2003/08/08 14:59:59 UTC

Https not working

Greetings,
I'm running Tomcat primarily as a Servlet/JSP container behind Apache so I have
configure the primary web server to handle the SSL connections from users. So if
my apache box will negotiate all SSL-related functionality what do I have to do
in tomcat to get it to work?

If you go to http://placeanad.classifiedmarketplace.net:8080/AdWebster works
But https://placeanad.classifiedmarketplace.net:8080/AdWebster does not work

Thanks,
Bobbie

Bobbie Atristain
Internet Systems Administrator
Media General, INC.
804.649.6156

Re: Https not working

Posted by Kurt Overberg <ku...@hotdogrecords.com>.
Neither of those urls are passing through you apache, unless you have it
configured to run on port 8080 (which is usually the Tomcat port).  Not
sure if you can configure Tomcat to use SSL directly, but I do know that
just sticking an 'https' in front of it won't work.  You need to set up
apache so it deals with the http/https side of things and configure a
connector (the thing that allows apache to forward requests to Tomcat's
AJP13 port).

/kurt

Re: Https not working

Posted by Kurt Overberg <ku...@hotdogrecords.com>.

Re: Https not working

Posted by John Turner <to...@johnturner.com>.
Nothing.  SSL or not, the only thing you need between Tomcat and Apache
is the connector like mod_jk or mod_jk2.

SSL VirtualHosts are different than regular Virtual Hosts in Apache's
httpd.conf file...you need to make sure that requests are forwarded to
Tomcat for both types of VirtualHosts, SSL and non-SSL.

John

Re: Https not working

Posted by John Turner <to...@johnturner.com>.