Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Jerome Lacoste <la...@frisurf.no> on 2003/07/22 10:34:50 UTC

James + eyebrowse

I sent a mail some days ago, but as it was on a different thread, it may
not have add attention.

Is there a way to integrate james and eyebrowse (or a similar tool). I
picked eyebrowse as it's used by ASF.

My understanding is that eyebrowse uses mbox, while james does not
support it.

Cheers,

Jerome

--
CoffeeBreaks - Jerome Lacoste
lacostej@coffeebreaks.org - http://www.CoffeeBreaks.org

Re: James + eyebrowse

Posted by Eric Weidner <es...@speakeasy.org>.
Jerome,

I wrote a mailet to integrate James and Eyebrowse way back in 1.0 of
Out-of-the-Box.  Unfortunately, the Eyebrowse perl scripts will not work on
Windows, so we yanked it from our distribution.  I haven't seen much
development on Eyebrowse recently so who know if they'll ever get away from
their perl scripts.  Since we may not be adding Eyebrowse suppport anytime
soon (we may put it back in as a Linux only project), we've decided to
release this mailet under an Apache-style license.

See the attached jar for the .class file and source.

A write-up from 1.0 giving installation and configuration instructions is
attached as well.  I know some of the eyebrowse fixes have been fixed in CVS.
I haven't revisited these instructions in a while, but you should get the
idea.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Eric Weidner
Out-of-the-Box Project Lead
http://www/ejbsolutions.com

Re: James + eyebrowse

Posted by Hontvari Jozsef <ho...@solware.com>.
I read the mbox specification and it would be easy to write a mailet which
saves messages into an mbox store.