Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by shaf <sh...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/27 15:16:07 UTC

AMQ Patching and Updating

Hello,

I have a solution deployed using AMQ5.1, and since it has come to my
attention that triversal issue on AMQ when adding a [;] simicolon on the
ActiveMQ link - http://<ip address>:8161/admin/xml/;queues.jsp, it exposes
the filesystem.

Knowing that we use Jetty as an embedded server, how do we go about (the
process to) patching/updating AMQ or the Jetty engine within AMQ?

Thanks,
Shaffin.

Re: AMQ Patching and Updating

Posted by shaf <sh...@gmail.com>.
Dejan,

What is AMQ's standard in releasing patches, fixes and updates? If a patch
or fix comes along, lets say hypothetically for version 5.2, does AMQ
release version 5.3 with the updates and fixes? In other words how are AMQ
releases maintained? How are users affected by it (do they upgrade or just
replace the existing version with the new release while using the old config
file?)

Thanks,
Shaffin.

Posted by Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>.