Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Colin Kingsbury <Co...@empolis-na.com> on 2003/08/19 00:07:36 UTC

How to determine where pagebreaks will occur in PDF?

Hi,

I am using FOP (currently 0.20.4 but could change) to generate a PDF
output from an XML file transformed to XSL:FO by stylesheets.

What I would like to find out is if there is a way to determine where
pagebreaks occurred after rendering to PDF. In a perfect world I would
get an outputfile which would be my original xsl:fo with <pagebreak/>
tags inserted wherever the actual break was determined during rendering.

For those who know, I am interested in this as a method for dealing with
looseleaf publishing situations.

Best and TIA,
-cwk.