Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by Venkata Swamy Karukuri <ve...@broadcom.com> on 2022/08/26 09:01:56 UTC

Fix availability for vulnerability CVE-2022-34169?

Dear XALAN java project dev community,

This is Venky from Broadcom Software Group writing about the recent
vulnerability <https://nvd.nist.gov/vuln/detail/CVE-2022-34169> reported
that might execute arbitrary Java bytecode while processing malicious XSLT
stylesheets.

I understand that this project is dormant and being retired. Many projects,
including OpenJDK, and XMLSec, uses XALAN binary.

Do you anticipate providing a fix for this vulnerable binary?
Or* if we provide the fix and test it, would you endorse it and make it
available on the project website?*

Kindly advise.

-Venky Karukuri

--
This electronic communication and the information and any files transmitted
with it, or attached to it, are confidential and are intended solely for

Re: Fix availability for vulnerability CVE-2022-34169?

Posted by PJ Fanning <fa...@apache.org>.
I don't know if and when there will be a xalan release. Just to correct what you said about OpenJDK - it does not use xalan - it has its own code that was copied from xalan many years ago and is now maintained independently. xmlsec has an optional dependency on xalan and most features of xmlsec work without using xalan. This is described at https://santuario.apache.org/java150releasenotes.html