Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mike Wannamaker <Mi...@KINGSTON.Hummingbird.com> on 2006/07/20 22:01:02 UTC

Is it possible to have your tld files inside your jar file and then have
them loaded by tomcat?

Example: WEB-INF/lib/my.jar contains meta-inf/my.tld

Could I add an entry to my jsp or web.xml to load it from inside the jar
file on Tomcat 5.5.x?

Mike Wannamaker

Re: Loading TLD from JAR file?

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
If the tld is in the META-INF directory, then you do not need to map it
web.xml - it will be loaded by tomcat for you. Then in your JSP - use
the mapping in the tld identified by <uri>, for example:
<uri>http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core</uri>

-Tim