Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org> on 2016/05/22 13:42:12 UTC

[FILEUPLOAD] Release plans

Hi,

since trunk of FILEUPLOAD has breaking changes, I'm not going to create a
RC until we have resolved/come to an conclusion about this. The easiest way
to fix this is to readd java.io.Serializable to the classes where it has
been removed.

I'm going work on a release of the stuff which is currently in the b1_3
branch. Since the branch introduces new functionality, it is really 1.4 and
not 1.3.3. For this reason, I'm going to rename b1_3 to b1_4.

Please let me know if you see a problem with this proposal.

BR,
Benedikt

Re: [FILEUPLOAD] Release plans

Posted by Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org>.
Hi again,

Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org> schrieb am So., 22. Mai 2016 um
15:42 Uhr:

> Hi,
>
> since trunk of FILEUPLOAD has breaking changes, I'm not going to create a
> RC until we have resolved/come to an conclusion about this. The easiest way
> to fix this is to readd java.io.Serializable to the classes where it has
> been removed.
>
> I'm going work on a release of the stuff which is currently in the b1_3
> branch. Since the branch introduces new functionality, it is really 1.4 and
> not 1.3.3. For this reason, I'm going to rename b1_3 to b1_4.

I've fixed the Clirr setup and the API additions in b1_3 have been made for
release 1.3.1. So 1.3.1 should have been 1.4. In this case I'd say it's
okay to release b1_3 as 1.3.2. I'm starting release preparation now. We can
discuss what to do with the breaking changes in trunk after 1.3.2 has been
released.

Regards,
Benedikt