Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Erik Forsberg <fo...@opera.com> on 2012/03/28 08:58:15 UTC

Graveyard compactions, when do they occur?

Hi!

I was trying out the "truncate" command in cassandra-cli.

http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/CassandraCli08 says "A snapshot of the
data is created, which is deleted asyncronously during a 'graveyard'
compaction."

When do "graveyard" compactions happen? Do I have to trigger them somehow?

Thanks,
\EF

Re: Graveyard compactions, when do they occur?

Posted by "R. Verlangen" <ro...@us2.nl>.
Cassandra "graveyard" sounds like a lot of thombstones that will be
compacted during normal compact.

You can trigger that manually using the nodetool.

--
With kind regards,

Robin Verlangen
www.robinverlangen.nl