Posted to dev@solr.apache.org by Ilan Ginzburg <il...@gmail.com> on 2021/11/17 10:13:29 UTC

Node roles PR question w.r.t. SIP process

I'm not familiar with the SIP process and the meaning of the "[VOTE]
SIP-15 Node roles" thread Ishan has started (43 hours ago, so still
~30 hours to go before the stated 72 hours deadline).

Does the vote need to end with a "yes" for the node roles code to be
added to the codebase, or is that independent?

Asking in the context of PR https://github.com/apache/solr/pull/403
for https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-15694 (that I was asked
to review and will when I have time - unless that code will not make
it and no point reviewing).

Thanks,
Ilan

Re: Node roles PR question w.r.t. SIP process

Posted by Ishan Chattopadhyaya <ic...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ilan,
It just means voting for the proposal (accepting or rejecting it). Code and
implementation will follow after this vote passes, and we can weigh in on
implementation details then.