Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Andreas Sewe <se...@cqse.eu> on 2018/07/19 07:35:27 UTC

Are 9.0 beta or VC JARs available in Maven repository

Hi NetBeans team,

are NetBeans 9.0 (beta/VC) JARs (think org.netbeans.api:*:RELEASE90-VC3)
published in a Maven repository somewhere? I'd like to do some builds
against those, in addition to RELEASE82, for sanity checking.

AFAICT, <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/netbeans/>
only contains the source/binary distribution files and
<http://bits.netbeans.org/nexus/content/groups/netbeans/> obviously
stops at version RELEASE82.

Any pointers?

Best wishes,

Andreas

--
Dr. Andreas Sewe | sewe@cqse.eu | +49 152 56342856
CQSE GmbH | Lichtenbergstrasse 8 | 85748 Garching | www.cqse.eu

Re: Are 9.0 beta or VC JARs available in Maven repository

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
There’s quite a bit more involved than meets the eye. For example, the
NetBeans brand and domain do not belong to Apache yet, this is one of
several items still in process, so ‘org.netbeans’ doesn’t belong to Apache
yet and cannot be used yet for Maven archetypes.

So, anything that you’re likely to want is something everyone else wants,
and if something hasn’t been done yet it simply means that the donation of
NetBeans is in progress and has only partly been completed.

Gj

Posted by Andreas Sewe <se...@cqse.eu>.

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
Also note that VC3 stands for ‘voting candidate 3’.

I.e., a VC is simply a build for purposes of voting in order to do an
Apache release. A VC will never ever be released via Maven — it is not
intended at all for distribution, just for voting.

Gj

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.