Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Howard Lin <Ho...@vonage.com> on 2001/09/26 16:04:17 UTC

TorqueJDBCTransformTask problems

Hi, I tried to use TorqueJDBCTransformTask (in jakarta-turbine-torque)
against an Oracle database and found two problems with this task. First
I got more tables/columns than what I need. It turned out that the
second parameter (schemaPattern) to
DatabaseMetaData.getTables/getColumns method is null. If I change that
to dbUser.toUpperCase(), I got what I need. I guess this might be Oracle
specific. Maybe there should be a property for user to specify a schema.
The second problem is that using null for the last parameter to
DatabaseMetaData.getTables will get back all types of tables. So instead
checking for TABLE types, using {"TABLE"} should get all tables, i.e:
String[] types = {"TABLES"};
dbMeta.getTables(null,dbUser.toUpperCase(), "%",types);

Howard Lin