Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Hassan Schroeder <ha...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/21 22:07:10 UTC

Re: two application on different port with restriction

On 8/21/06, tamri <Ta...@nbg.gov.ge> wrote:

> so, I have anothr question: If i have 2 application and I want to run this
> eachone  different post independently each other,so that , application1 runs
> on 8080 port, application2 runs on port 8081, with restriction that
> application1 can't run on port 8081, and on the contrary, application2 can't
> run on 8080.
> how can I do? enyone can help me?

Reading the Fine Manual would be a good way to help yourself :-)

quoting:
 A Service element represents the combination of one or  more
 Connector components that share a single Engine component for
  processing incoming requests.

Hence you could easily configure two Services, each with a connector
for one of your target ports.

Alternatively, you could use Filters to prevent each app running on an
"unauthorized" port.

FWIW!