Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Michael Percy <mi...@home.com> on 2000/02/26 15:38:57 UTC

config/5814: AddDescription implementation bug - using FancyIndexing, specifying .h as file name for AddDescription also maps to .html, should only occur if .h* is used (actually, shouldn't it be *.h* ?)

>Number:         5814
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       AddDescription implementation bug - using FancyIndexing, specifying .h as file name for AddDescription also maps to .html, should only occur if .h* is used (actually, shouldn't it be *.h* ?)
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Responsible:    apache
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   apache
>Arrival-Date:   Sat Feb 26 06:40:00 PST 2000
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     michael.percy@home.com
>Release:        1.3.11 (Win32)
Using FancyIndexing, specifying .h as file name for AddDescription also maps to .html extensions.
This should only occur if .h* is used (actually, shouldn't it be *.h* ?)
The reason I do not add a standard .html entry before that in order to get around this problem is because I am using "IndexOptions ScanHTMLTitles", which parses .html files for <title> tags and throws them into the description column. At any rate, this needs to be fixed.
>How-To-Repeat:
add this line to httpd.conf:

AddDescription "c header file" .h
>Fix:
Change the scheme, or implement it better. If I was writing it, I would make the format:

AddDescription "c header file" *.h
AddDescription "hypertext document" *.htm*
# etc

Make the use of wildcards in filenames manditory in order to avoid this annoying bug. Else just make the specified name only map to extensions, not match in the middle of a filename. Thanks.

-Mike
 [to include <ap...@Apache.Org> in the Cc line and make sure the]