Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by frapien <fr...@gmx.de> on 2009/11/15 21:38:15 UTC

OpenJPA 2.0 usable with Geronimo 2.2

I was surprised to see  a Open JPA 2.0 plug in for Geronimo 2.2 under
http://geronimo.apache.org/plugins/openjpa2/
Geronimo Plugins, OpenJPA2 :: CAR   	2.2-M3-SNAPSHOT
I thought  JPA 2.0 will be supported feature only for Geronimo 3.0
Are there any other plans?
Thanks, Frank

Re: OpenJPA 2.0 usable with Geronimo 2.2

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.
There are 2 plugins for 2.2, 2.2.1-SNAPSHOT and 2 for 2.1.3 through
2.1.5-SNAPSHOT (so openjpa2/geronimo-plugins.xml has 4 plugins total),
as they have to be built against each branch to handle the different
packaging/depends in each.

-Donald

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.

Posted by frapien <fr...@gmx.de>.

Donald Woods-2 wrote:

> The official certified level for Geronimo 2.2 will be OpenJPA 1.2.1.
>
> I created the plugins as a way to allow users to experiment with OpenJPA
> 2.0 and JPA2 on an existing JEE5 server, instead of waiting for an
> updated/stable Geronimo 3.0.
>
> As we create additional OpenJPA milestones and eventually the final
> 2.0.0 release, I'll update the plugins to include those levels.

That's great. I would like to have more Java EE 6.0 Features (OpenEJB 3.1,
Servlet 3.0, JSF 2.0 etc. ) as a Plugin for Geronimo 2.2

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
On Nov 15, 2009, at 12:38 PM, frapien wrote:

> I was surprised to see  a Open JPA 2.0 plug in for Geronimo 2.2 under
> http://geronimo.apache.org/plugins/openjpa2/
> Geronimo Plugins, OpenJPA2 :: CAR   	2.2-M3-SNAPSHOT
> I thought  JPA 2.0 will be supported feature only for Geronimo 3.0
> Are there any other plans?

It will be some time before geronimo 3 is usable enough to try out
openjpa2, but its easy enough to install it as a plugin in geronimo
2.2.... thus this plugin for those that wish to try it out with an
otherwise javaee 5 server.

thanks
david jencks