Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Andrew Hughes <ah...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/21 06:31:41 UTC

[JXPath] Custom Functions & the Current Pointer

Hi there, I think this is a really easy question... sorry for this...
I have created my own function as below....

package com.blah.function;

public class Calculate {
    public static Calculation doCalculation(ExpressionContext context, int
x) {
        //stuff goes in here...
    }

}

I've  also registered it with the JXPathContext as below...

jxPathContext.setFunctions(new PackageFunctions("com.blah.function.",
"jxpath"));

I see how this works programatically, but not in an expression. For example,
if I want to find a node and then use that node in doCalculation... how?

'/Something/I/CanFind' then I want to run 'doCalculation(6)' on the result
of the previous query's result.

I would have thought this would be something like the following but I am
obviously wrong...

jxpath:Calculate.doCalculation(/Something/I/CanFind,6);

/Something/I/CanFind[jxpath:Calculate.doCalculation(6)];

Once an "ExpressionContext" is involved it no longer works.

Any help would be much appreciated :)