Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Kiran Ayyagari <ay...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/26 23:18:39 UTC

[ApacheDS] Quartz integration and LDAP persistence store

hi guys,

    I have been working on finding ways to integrate quartz into the
server and mainly on the feature to store the
    quartz scheduling data a.k.a Quartz LDAP store.

    Currently quartz has two kinds of stores, In-memory and RDBMS.
Quartz uses 12 tables!! to store data in
    RDBMS (attached the pdf of the ER diagram)

    The  LDAP store is not a separate store but an interface to store
the data in the given partition like
    ou=system. How can we represent this relational data per row in a
single LDAP entry?

     thoughts?

--
Kiran Ayyagari

Re: [ApacheDS] Quartz integration and LDAP persistence store

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.
I'd love to get Derby out - it adds a lot to the footprint.

I can help with the mapping of data structures to LDAP.  As Emmanuel said
the best way is to embellish the page we already have in confluence perhaps
with a section on each data structure and we can write out the quartz schema
for it.

Looking initially at the DB schema you provided Kiran I can see this will be
pretty easy to do.  For starters we will have a quartzTrigger ABSTRACT
objectClass with a quartzTriggerName attribute and a quartzTriggerGroup
attribute.  This can be extended for quartzCronTrigger, quartzBlobTrigger,
quartzSimpleTrigger STRUCTURAL objectClasses.  Under a trigger we can
subordinate the jobs the trigger has fired off.  This is oversimplified I
know but these are the best steps to take to just knock this out.

It will not be that hard to do.  Once we know the schema and namespace
organization it's pretty easy to do and I'm not very worried about the
schema design at all.

Alex

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kiran,