Posted to dev@amaterasu.apache.org by Nadav Har Tzvi <na...@gmail.com> on 2019/02/19 19:11:47 UTC

[DISCUSS] Review and discussions thread for Amaterasu-45 PR

Hey everyone,

I opened a draft PR for Amaterasu 45 (Python SDK, pyspark runtime, python
runtime). Do mind that this is still a WIP. I would like you to review this
PR from time to time as it evolves. The sooner I get inputs, the sooner
this feature will be out.

PR: https://github.com/apache/incubator-amaterasu/pull/44

Yaniv, Eyal, Arun. Please let's now define the final MVP of this feature so
I can know which reviews to defer and which to attend to before this PR is
closed and merged.

Arun, this is most important, if I ended up implementing a design that is
vastly different than the scala runtime design, we should talk ASAP.

I would like the community to give any feedback. Did I miss something? Did
I make some stupid mistake? Does the design look awkward? etc.

Also a note on the python runtime. It is currently February 2019. As of
January 1st 2020 Python2 is EOL. Many third party Python packages already
dropped support entirely for Python2. Because of that, the entire SDK and
runtimes are implemented in Python >=3.4 (Python <= 3.3.x is EOL)
If you think this is problematic, please raise a flag.

Cheers,
Nadav

Re: [DISCUSS] Review and discussions thread for Amaterasu-45 PR

Posted by Nadav Har Tzvi <na...@gmail.com>.
Ok,
I will do an E2E test on a pyspark only flow tonight. I think that after
rebasing onto master with the changes from Amaterasu-8, I will have to make
some adjustments in regard to the integration between the leader and the
executor. If there are any, we should be coordinated.

Cheers,
Nadav

Posted by Arun Manivannan <ar...@arunma.com>.
Hi Nadav,