Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by Jun HE <ju...@apache.org> on 2020/11/02 04:39:44 UTC

Re: Update

Thanks a lot for the update, Olaf!

Olaf Flebbe <of...@oflebbe.de> 于2020年10月31日周六 上午3:24写道:

Re: Update

Posted by Evans Ye <ev...@apache.org>.
Looks awesome! Thank you Kengo. I think this is an important change that
can further support dev efficiency and enable us to release early,  release
often.

Kengo Seki <se...@apache.org> 於 2020年11月19日 週四 上午8:23寫道:

Re: Update

Posted by Kengo Seki <se...@apache.org>.

Re: Update

Posted by Olaf Flebbe <of...@oflebbe.de>.
hi,

Re: Update

Posted by Evans Ye <ev...@apache.org>.
Yes. I think that's enough.
Following is what I was used for bootstrapping a slave w/o volume, you can
take as a REF and modify from there:

adduser jenkins
mkdir /media/ephemeral0/docker
ln -s /media/ephemeral0/docker /var/lib/
yum install -y docker git java ruby
amazon-linux-extras install -y docker
usermod -a -G docker jenkins
mkdir /home/jenkins/.ssh
cat << EOF > /home/jenkins/.ssh/authorized_keys
MASTER_PUBLIC_KEY_HERE
EOF
chmod 700 /home/jenkins/.ssh
chmod 400 /home/jenkins/.ssh/authorized_keys
chown -R jenkins:jenkins /home/jenkins
service docker start
curl -L "
https://github.com/docker/compose/releases/download/1.23.1/docker-compose-$(uname
-s)-$(uname -m)" -o /usr/local/bin/docker-compose
chmod +x /usr/local/bin/docker-compose

Kengo Seki <se...@apache.org> 於 2020年11月10日 週二 下午4:31寫道:

Re: Update

Posted by Kengo Seki <se...@apache.org>.

Re: Update

Posted by Evans Ye <ev...@apache.org>.

Re: Update

Posted by Kengo Seki <se...@apache.org>.

Re: Update

Posted by Evans Ye <ev...@apache.org>.
OK. I got it now.

Re: Update

Posted by Olaf Flebbe <of...@oflebbe.de>.
Hi,

OMG . I think I did it.

A few years ago two of the instance had a hardware problems and did not reboot any more, filesystem was corrupted and so on.  That was at the time of the spectre vulnarability discovery. (2018) . At that time AWS had major instabilities since updating firmware seem to have failed for some classes of hardware.

I tried to recreate them as close as possible but I may have left accidentely the volumes around. Please lets delete them.

Olaf

> Am 05.11.2020 um 14:44 schrieb Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>:
>
> Thanks Evans!
>
> It's great you found the details: they are definitely accurate as I am
> recalling now. Kengo, do you think splitting the volumes would help us for a
> while? Or perhaps we shall try to expand the resource pool (which might take a
> while)?
>
> Thanks!
>  Cos
>
> On Thu, Nov 05, 2020 at 12:32PM, Evans Ye wrote:
>> In fact, the original deal of our resource is as follows:
>>
>>> 1 m3.2xlarge for CI
>>> 4 m3.xlarge for CI and demo
>>> 3 1TB EBS volumes

Re: Update