Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Frank Harper <Fr...@LaPoste.Net> on 2003/06/10 23:53:53 UTC

TDK: Adding a new screen?

I'm completely new to Turbine, so I gave TDK a try and it works great.
But now I'm stuck and no amount of reading FAQs, Wiki, etc. seem to help!

Here's what I did:

1 - Installed and tested TDK 2.2_01 -> OK

2 - I played around with layouts/Default.vm and that worked just fine.

3 - I added "<a href="$link.setPage("About")">About</a>" to
"navigations/Menu.vm". The link shows up just fine.

4 - I created "screens/About.vm" which just contains plain text, not
even HTML or VTL.

5 - I test the new page, and get the following $screen_placeholder:

<snip>
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Requested Screen not found: Turbine
looked in the following modules.packages path:
[com.table2web.table2web.modules, org.apache.turbine.flux.modules,
org.apache.turbine.modules] java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Requested
Screen not found: Turbine looked in the following modules.packages path:
[com.table2web.table2web.modules, org.apache.turbine.flux.modules,
org.apache.turbine.modules] at
</snip>

The navigations "/DefaultTop.vm", "/DefaultBottom.vm" and "/Menu.vm"
show up just fine, it's just $screen_placeholder that doesn't work.

I don't understand why Turbine is looking for a Java Screen, when all I
want, for the time being, is a very simple VTL page.

I must be missing something really simple, but I just can't figure it out.

Re: Adding a new screen?

Posted by Frank Harper <Fr...@LaPoste.Net>.
Thanks!!!

Re: Adding a new screen?