Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Andrew Clegg <an...@nervechannel.com> on 2009/02/12 12:58:40 UTC

Suddenly, a problem with my cxf-servlet.xml

Morning all,

Between last night and today, my cxf-servlet.xml has developed a
problem, without me changing anything. Bear with me, I know it sounds
weird :-)

It looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
   xmlns:soap="http://cxf.apache.org/bindings/soap"
   xmlns:funcnet="http://cathdb.info/FuncNet_1_0/"
   xsi:schemaLocation="
http://cxf.apache.org/jaxws
http://cxf.apache.org/schemas/jaxws.xsd">

   <jaxws:endpoint id="FrontEndService"
      implementor="info.cathdb.funcnet.impl.FrontEndServiceProviderFacade"
      endpointName="funcnet:FrontEndPort"
      serviceName="funcnet:FrontEndService"
      address="/FrontEndService"
      wsdlLocation="WEB-INF/wsdl/Services.wsdl">
   </jaxws:endpoint>

</beans>

Today, Eclipse has slapped a big red cross on the jaxws:endpoint entry
(at the wsdlLocation line but I think this is arbitrary) which says:

Multiple annotations found at this line:
	- schema_reference.4: Failed to read schema document 'http://cxf.apache.org/
	 schemas/jaxws.xsd', because 1) could not find the document; 2) the
document could not
	 be read; 3) the root element of the document is not <xsd:schema>.
	- cvc-complex-type.2.4.c: The matching wildcard is strict, but no
declaration can be
	 found for element 'jaxws:endpoint'.

Now, I can go to http://cxf.apache.org/schemas/jaxws.xsd in my browser
and it's fine.

But when I highlight this URL in the xsi:schemaLocation in Eclipse,
and hit F3 for go-to-definition, I see:

Not Found

The requested URL /schemas/jaxws.xsd" was not found on this server.
Apache/2.2.9 (Unix) Server at cxf.apache.org Port 80

Note the spurious double-quote mark at the end of the URL. The same
thing has happened in another project as well, exactly the same error
in cxf-servlet.xml, but all the other XML files in my project are
unaffected.

I've upgraded to CXF 2.1.4 but this has made no difference.

I've tried all the usual Eclipse tricks like cleaning and rebuilding
all my projects, closing and re-opening them, cutting the endpoint
definition out and pasting it back in again, and quitting and
restarting Eclipse, but to no avail. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Andrew.

--
:: http://biotext.org.uk/ ::

Re: Suddenly, a problem with my cxf-servlet.xml

Posted by Andrew Clegg <an...@nervechannel.com>.
2009/2/12 Ian Roberts <i....@dcs.shef.ac.uk>:
> Andrew Clegg wrote:
>> I have even tried reverting my cxf-servlet.xml from SVN as it was
>> error free right through yesterday, but no change. Has any change been
>> made to the web server or the schema at cxf.apache.org which would
>> cause this?
>
> My browser can't access http://cxf.apache.org at the moment, I guess
> there's a problem with the web server.

That's the odd thing, I can retrieve that page reliably via Firefox,
or telnet, and now it's started to work again in Eclipse's internal
browser, but Eclipse still complains that it can't read the document
(or that its root isn't xsd:schema which is blatantly untrue).

Anyone else having this problem?

It's not urgent as all my services still work okay, but it's a little
annoying that perfectly good config file have started to show
errors...

Andrew.

Posted by Ian Roberts <i....@dcs.shef.ac.uk>.
Andrew Clegg wrote:
> I have even tried reverting my cxf-servlet.xml from SVN as it was
> error free right through yesterday, but no change. Has any change been
> made to the web server or the schema at cxf.apache.org which would
> cause this?

My browser can't access http://cxf.apache.org at the moment, I guess
there's a problem with the web server.

Ian

--
Ian Roberts               | Department of Computer Science
i.roberts@dcs.shef.ac.uk  | University of Sheffield, UK

Re: Suddenly, a problem with my cxf-servlet.xml

Posted by Andrew Clegg <an...@nervechannel.com>.
I take it back! Sorry :-)

Eclipse didn't automatically revalidate on startup, so one of either
clearing the org.eclipse.wst.internet.cache or updating all my plugins
fixed it, as Dan suggested. Many thanks.

No more from me on this subject, back to work time.

Andrew.

Posted by Andrew Clegg <an...@nervechannel.com>.

Posted by Andrew Clegg <an...@nervechannel.com>.

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
Honestly, I have no idea what to suggest.

The schema DID change on monday when 2.1.4 was released as the new version was
put in place.   The only change was adding <xsd:annotation><xsd:documentation>
things all over it to document it better.

However, the new version seems to work fine for me.    I completely wiped out
my:
workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.wst.internet.cache
dir to wipe out all the cache and when I opened some config files, it
downloaded the schema fine and it validates fine.    I also tried a different
editor (slickedit) and it was also able to validate some config files with the
new xsd.

Thus, I have NO idea what to suggest.   Maybe check for eclipse plugin
updates?   Don't really know.  :-(

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Re: Suddenly, a problem with my cxf-servlet.xml

Posted by Andrew Clegg <an...@nervechannel.com>.