Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Jamie Whitehouse <ba...@genesyslab.com> on 2009/01/09 20:29:11 UTC

RE: CI Grid, Windows and Paths

On Tue, 2008-12-23 at 21:16 -0500, Brian E. Fox wrote:

> It is slightly unnatural but unfortunately Hudson only launches the
> slaves as a process, they don't run as persistent servers.

Coming to this thread a bit late, but as of Hudson 1.255 you can install
slaves as a windows service, see Kohsuke's blog post:
http://weblogs.java.net/blog/kohsuke/archive/2008/09/installing_huds_1.html

Before that you could wrap it in Java Service Wrapper.

>  However I
> don't think it's completely useless because the testing and building
> once maven runs is the same. We just have to fool with the env a bit
> more.
>
> The maven version used must have been updated by someone with access,
> it's not updated automatically.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any files attached may contain confidential and proprietary information of Alcatel-Lucent and/or its affiliated entities. Access by the intended recipient only is authorized. Any liability arising from any party acting, or refraining from acting, on any information contained in this e-mail is hereby excluded. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately, destroy the original transmission and its attachments and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium. Copyright in this e-mail and any attachments belongs to Alcatel-Lucent and/or its affiliated entities.